Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jesus Loves Me

As some of you know, I recently started back to work after taking a fair amount of time off with Asher. Many of you also know how much I despise daycare. In fact, I tear up every time I have to drop the little guy off because he always seems to look up at me with his sweet little face with an expression that says "Mommy, why are you leaving me here with all these screaming kids," which is heartbreaking. I will say that I am fortunate enough to only have to leave him three days a week, but they are really long days that he has to stay there, and he has been sick since he started. Therefore, I began praying early on that God would help us to find a suitable place for Asher to stay while we were at work, and that we would feel somewhat comfortable leaving him. Well, I went to the dentist today, and while the little hygeinist was scraping the heck out of my teeth she was telling me about a nearby church daycare that was highly recommended. So immediately after my appointment I rushed over there, only to find out that they have school hours, and the waiting list was a mile long. However, the lady that helped we was so kind, and was trying to search the internet for me when it dawned on her that she had recently had a woman come in that was wanting to start her own in home childcare center, and she wanted some of the names from her waiting list to look for children. Now, did I mention that this woman lives in a very nice neighborhood, she was a teacher that won the golden apple award and wanted to stay home with her older children, and she is conveniently one street over from mine!!! Not to mention she only works in her home three days a weeks, so she has longer hours...which is absolutely perfect for us! If God didn't hand pick her for us then I must be crazy. The only catch is that she only accepts 3 infants, and right now she has her third, but the mother has not completely committed just yet, which means that there might be a chance. I am thinking so positive about this because I truly believe that God is answering my prayer, or at least He has opened a door for me. Another thing is, if she does work out, I pray that work will let me have a Tue,Wed, Thurs schedule. Anyway, anyone who reads this, if you happen to have any extra prayer time, keep me in mind in this situation. Anyone who is a working mom out there with ABSOLUTELY no family around can understand my joy in this day. Thanks for listening:)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Rachael!
I love that your blogging now!! I always ask your mom about you when I'm at work. I can't imagine how tough it is to drop off your baby at a daycare. That would be so hard! I'll pray for you baby Ashler!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachael. I loved reading your blog. God is awesome! I love how He is always working on our behalf...even when we don't know it. You keep staying strong in your faith and know He will always provide. I will be praying for all of you and believing with you that everything will happen in God's perfect and precious timeing.