Friday, February 20, 2009

Visiting Asher's Great Grandparents

When Asher was born, my grandmother had just had a major surgery at Vanderbilt for a tumor that was attached to her sternum, so she had to go to a rehab facility for quite sometime before she finally got to come home. Therefore, she was very anxious to meet little Asher, so we made the trip up the mountains to beautiful Tennessee. On the way we stopped on Friday night in Gatlinburg for the night so that Asher could get to bed as close to his normal bedtime as possible...I am so strict. Anyway, the next morning we got up really early and Asher got to all the sights and ate his first breakfast at the Pancake Pantry, which I highly recommend. He was of course a hit with the ladies as usual:)
Finally, after a morning of sight seeing, we made to my grandparents and Asher got to meet them for the first time. It was so nice, the whole family came out to see him. Even my dad, sister, and my step-mom from Atlanta came to see him. He showed them how he could eat his veggies and all the funny little faces he made. He especially enjoyed the beautiful songs my Uncle Dave had for him. It is so wonderful that my grandparents have gotten to meet him and spend time with him. My grandmother is doing so well after her surgery. She is a strong woman and very determined to get well. I believe meeting Asher made her even more determined.

No comments: