Saturday, March 28, 2009

7 Months Wow!


I know it has been quite some time since I have "blogged", I must admit I am not the greatest blogger in the world, cause I just feel like I get on hear and go on and on about my life, wondering who really cares:) about what we are doing. I care though, and I find it kind of like writing in a diary and having a reference for things that happened to us throughout time, that I can go back and revisit later on down the road.
It's amazing how quickly time has flown by from Asher's 6 month birthday till his 7 month birthday, and it is so amazing at how mature he has gotten from then until now! We have known that he has always been a blessing, but now he is getting to be so much fun and has such a personality. In the past month he has gotten 2 teeth, which he likes to show off often to the ladies and he is saying "dada" and beginning to actually associate this with Michael. It is just so amazing to see his little mind just churning and learning new things. It is almost as if I am relearning everything myself. He also has a new appreciation for Deen the dog, and loves it when we run around chasing him. He also finds himself quite humerous, much like his mommy, and will laugh uncontrollably at himself (mostly in the backseat of the car) for no apparent reason, which in turn makes me laugh along with him. Rolling over in his crib is a new thing for me, and of course I worry like crazy because I always put him to bed on his back and when I get him in the morning he is on his tummy and that makes me a little nervous. He really loves his "teacher" at daycare, and when we drop him off, his face lights up which makes me feel a lot better about leaving him. Ok, I know this has become a brag fest, but I am so excited about his little milestones, he is even trying really hard to crawl!! Ok, enough.
Michael and I finally got a weekend away from the little chap and we went to Jekyll Isand for the weekend for a wedding, and as hard as it was to leave Asher, we had such a great time. It was really nice to get away for a little while and reconnect as husband and wife instead of mommy and daddy, as much as we love those roles. However, the trip really made us realize just how lucky and blessed we are to have the sweet little family that we do.
On a scarier note, I am desparately wanting to back to school, and really struggling with my decision to do so. It would mean having to leave Asher in daycare 5 days a week while I am in school, but I just feel like in the long run we will be a happier family if I finish. I am also terrified about writing my thesis....very scary, but I have a great idea for my topic. I don't really know if I can handle it, because right now every day that I have off I spend every moment with my little man, I am just worried that I would be neglecting him. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.
Again, I am sorry this is so unorganized and probably a little awkward, but that's me...hope there is some juice in the orange of a blog that you enjoy.He is saying "I didn't do it:)"
On our way to the zoo!
Big boy...fat boy!

1 comment:

katie davis said...

i didn't know you had this blog! what fun. the fact that my blog is made up of letters that catherine will read one day helps me when i think "who care about this stuff?". i totally understand the worry of going back to school-i have 6 credits left for crying out loud and it's so hard to bring myself to actually do it! supposedly i'm starting back this summer-we can encourage each other. what are you going for? and there's no doubt in the long run it will be best for little asher-and you know that you're in no way neglecting him! you said so yourself that he loves his teacher at daycare=) he's such a healthy little guy and i'm sure he's charming the ladies there. you wouldn't want to take that away from them;)